Monday, November 21, 2011

Don't You Make Me Come Get You!

How could you be so stupid, me?
... I can't believe this child made me chase her down... again. I can't believe I made the mistake of letting her play outside again... again. Honestly, when am I ever gonna learn? Do I have some kind of chronic brain problem that makes learning from past mistakes impossible?
 It's just the Terror's been so... terrible today. All day long she's stared at me in that strangely blank but vaguely sad and confused way she has, making me repeat everything innumerable times.

"Stop. Stop it. I said stop. Stop right now!"
 "Let the dog go. Let Noodles go. Stop it, let him go, he wants down."
 "Close the fridge, you just ate and you didn't even finish your food. Close it. No, you just ate."
 "Pick that up. Pick it up. Pick it up. Pick up your mess."
"Let him go. Leave him alone."
"Get up. Get up and let Noodles out. Get up. Up. Up. Up!"
That last one was followed by, "Don't make me come get you..." She stood up and started inching away, and when I stood, she bolted. I chased her down the stairs and around the back of the house before I could snatch her up without hurting her...
Update: Ugh, she just made me have to get up and turn her back around in the timeout chair after she tried to play with Noodles and watch cartoons... Which is impossible because the kitchen is blocked off from the television...

Update: ... And after explaining again how timeout starts when she's quiet, she tried to get Noodles to come over to her... again...

Edit: This is my 45th post...

No comments:

Post a Comment