Friday, November 11, 2011

Looking to be in for a Rough One

It returns!
Today's a day off from school for the Spawn, so he's home, and unlike yesterday when he came home early, I don't have the Hedgehog and his little sister helping me keep an eye on the Terror and the Spawn...

Seriously, this kid is part monkey.
 Surprisingly it's been okay, though. See, the Spawn just got Call of Duty, so he's been in his room hole'd up with his PS3 and big flat screen tv... Me and the Hedgehog don't even have a tv half that nice... Gods I wish I could be a kid again when I see stuff like this.

Anyway, he's actually been a pretty good kid. We had a whole little conversation about his game while he was heating up pizza, and he never mentioned butts. I was really amused by his monkey-like abilities to jump onto the counter to get a plate out of the cabinet, too. All in all it was kind of weird and fun to see that he wasn't trying to out terrorize the Terror.

After he left, though, the Terror thought it would be fun to try and gnaw Noodles's ear off, despite the fact the dog was sitting on her lap screaming. After yelling at her to quit, stop, and let the dog go, I came over and had to forcibly pry her arms off from around the dog... Screaming at the top of her lungs, I put her in timeout.

She sat there doing that awful thing she does where she just screams short little "ah" sounds while staring at me as if trying to force me to go insane. When she finally began to quiet five minutes later, I informed her that she would stay in the chair until she stopped screaming, and then, and only then, would I start counting her five minutes of timeout... That shut her up instantly.



I had thought yesterday's lesson from her aunt that you could walk out of timeout had been forgotten, but...

The time had just gone to the end of her five minutes when there was movement out of the corner of my vision... the Terror was attempting to sneak down the hallway while I wasn't looking. So I grabbed her real quick and set her back in the corner, pointing at the clock on the stove. "See this? Your five minutes were up, I was just about to let you out, but because you went to sneak out, you have to go back for five more minutes."

So she sat in the chair and alternated between her forceful "ah"s and sobbing and whining to herself...

It's not even lunchtime yet.

1 comment: