Friday, November 11, 2011

Saving Throw

 So Hedgehog and me were reading Hyperbole and a Half (mostly me... only me, but when I laughed he came to look) and I saw this picture of Allie looking pretty hot (and festive!). So I said, "Hey, Hedgehog! You know the Hyperbole-lady? Come look!"

So he wandered over and took a look and announced, "I'm leaving you for her."

I was okay with it, because damn, he'd get someone prettier and funnier! I love the Hedgehog, he deserves spontaneous insanity and tons of happiness.

A few minutes later I saw this one post where she was in a bikini (I was reading the ones from the beginning of the blog) making this crazy face, so I had him come look. He announced, "Okay, I'm back with you."

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why. "It's because she's flat chested, isn't it?" I asked, and he confirmed with a, "I like boobs. They're your saving throw."

Well, I laughed at him. "I'm so putting this in the blog, you know. Wait till I tell everyone that my only saving grace is my boobs-" Well, there was going to be more, but he cut me off. "I said saving throw, not grace. Haven't you ever played D&D?" There was a pause at which point he realized that despite being a nerd, I hadn't... In fact, the only thing ever stopping me from playing was my fear of being social with other nerds...

 So Hedgehog shook his head, "You have to put that in there. Then I make a boob joke and a D&D joke."

... I'm dating the most awesome man-child ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment