Tuesday, December 6, 2011

She Makes It Too Easy...

In the midst of editing her work, I saw she had posted something up, and in the first paragraph there was just so much to work with... It... I just... I can't help myself, okay? I'm a sick person! Honestly, though, I'm doing this to teach you how to write... and to vent my spleen over her lies. From now on, after the next post, I'm all business... Business and sarcasm.

A Little About Me

I figured that if you guys are going to be following me on here you might as well know me a little bit. I am going to focus this mostly on what has to do with my writing and some of the things that influence it; if you want to know more then just ask me, I'd be glad to answer.

In elementary school I was not very good at English, (You still aren't!) I was horrible in fact,(. or ;) I hated reading and I hated writing. Now obviously I have come a long way from (since would work better) then(,) but English was never my best subject all the way through school, (. or ;) math and science were always my best subjects. In fourth grade I actually had an F in English in (on) my final report card, but I had gotten something from that (those?) grades (grade? in) English, (:) a new found liking for writing. (There's something not right about the phrase "new found liking for writing"...) So in fourth grade I learned that I could actually like writing, and in fifth grade I learned that I could like reading also. (You read it all here, she didn't like reading but tried to write first.) In sixth grade I actually started to read books and write stories. (Someone famous once said: a reader does not make a writer.) I started writing so that I wouldn't forget what was going through my head (, and) that formed many hours of fun games, (;) and because of this the Immortal series was created.


When I was in seventh grade I spent most of my time in classes reading or writing, (. or;) I (would) read through my math class while getting A's on the test(should be plural, also ,) and I would try to read through science but my teacher would yell at me for it. Ironically (This isn't ironic, it's sad; oh, and ,) the only class that I didn't read or write in that year was English,(. or;) well that's not entirely true, (;) we did do this one thing where we wrote stories and then had them bound and looking all nice. The name of that "book" (Even she admits it's not a book.) was Immortal (... My Immortal...? Are you Tara Gilisbie?!), and I would love to one day go back and turn it into a real novel and put it where it belongs in the Immortal series. The Immortal series is what made me fall in love with writing(.) and (Get rid of the and, and start a sentence!) I do have some "novels" (Your Twilight fanfiction doesn't count.) finished(,) but I honestly have to go back and rewrite them as I totally over road (overrode) my characters as I wrote them and they really bear no resemblance to what really happened.
(What really happened? In the story? In your life? Are your stories real accounts from alternate dimensions? Considering all of your characters are you, overriding them is the least of your worries.)

In seventh grade, (no comma needed) we also had a writing test, just like we did in fourth grade, both of which I ended up failing(;) but honestly(;  or :) how do you write an essay on what character from a book you would want in a mural? (Easily. Pick a character from a book you like, now write about why it would be awesome to see them painted on the side of a building. Then again, I guess we all can't get fours on all of our writing tests, E.O.G.'s, and E.O.C.'s... Hey, if she can brag, so can I!) I did end up passing the on (one) in tenth grade, and honestly when I look back at my writing from seventh to tenth grade it's unrecognizable. (Hilariously, she has improved greatly.) Though people in class with me in seventh grade were astonished that I had failed the writing test as(,) after all, I did do nothing but write all day long. (Just because you write doesn't mean you have a grasp on the English language.) I assume it made them feel better about themselves.
(I'm sure finally seeing that someone who never pays attention and writes nonsense did make them feel better about themselves: they understand English and you don't. I know you make me feel better about myself. I thought I was a horrible adult until I saw this...)

In ninth grade I was in honors English, though I didn't stick with honors English’s (English, honey.), not because I didn't want to be in honors(,) but because I was a very lazy person. I still am as a matter of fact, and I just didn't feel like doing the extra work, (;) so I decided that I would just keep doing my honors sciences (Science) instead of both. My senior year of high school I took AP biology (College Level) (. or ;) I loved it (,) but I was too lazy to get a (an) A (. or ;) though I could have if I had done the homework.


Here is where it’s a little bit less about my writing and a little bit more about my life. (That last paragraph was nothing about your writing...  You were just trying to brag about how smart you are. Don't worry though, I did a little too... Oh! Wait, here's more: I got an award for highest math average in a school year despite math being my worst subject!) In case you have not read the little about me over there on the right, (Don't worry, that is literally the next post...)I am eighteen years old, a wife, and a mother. (You have to have kids to be a mother.) This means that my senior year ended six months ago in June (Being married designates where you end school?), the last day of school was the day before my second daughter turned one (... I hate to sound cruel, but even if you really had miscarried: she wouldn't have turned one, it would be the one year anniversary of the day she died. If she'd been born at all, it wouldn't have been that day.), and the day after was the graduation. Oh, did I forget to mention that I got pregnant three times while I was in high school? (Yes, you totally did!) Sorry about that. (No you're not.) Anyway, I have four children (No you don't.) , three biological and one who was from one on (of) my husband’s previous relationships. Devon James Kushman is my stepson, (When you marry someone, the miscarried children of their previous relationships don't become your children.) Feodora Laurent Kushman is my eldest daughter, Serenity Grace Kushman is my second daughter, and Sterling  Snow Kushman is my only biological son, but he is defiantly no more important to me then Devon (There is so much wrongness going on up there that I don't know where to begin...). Here is another thing that I haven’t mentioned here yet, but it is in the thing on the right. Every one of my children is in heaven, even my stepson Devon. Devon was lost to miscarriage October 27th 2004, Feodora was lost to miscarriage October 31st 2008, Serenity was stillborn (born dead) on June 10th 2010, and Sterling was lost to miscarriage January 6th 2011.
 
(None of this is true, except maybe about Devon... You will see why in the next post, but let me explain. Feodora, if she existed, would've barely been a few weeks along, close enough she would've thought she had a late period. Considering she never had sex because her now husband was several states away and she claimed spirit pregnancy, it was simply impossible. The same goes for Serenity, she was never pregnant. There was a girl at school who was six months along, so she claimed she was too to get attention, she also said she wore a belt to push the baby in so there would be no bump. She never went to the doctor, in fact, this February when I tried to shatter her delusion I pointed out that that far along it would have been a stillborn with a body and would've needed a doctor. Nice to see she listens to me, though I'm sad to see it's only to reinforce her own delusions. Lastly, Sterling: she was barely three weeks pregnant, and considering it takes a week for implantation, it was probably a late period she blew out of proportion.)

Serenity is what inspired the Hope series, and the Hope series will be the first thing I try to get out there. Well(,) maybe I’ll try to get a short story out there before hand (beforehand, also: ,) but you understand what I’m saying.


Thanks for listening to me talk! Feel free to ask questions!


~Cathrin

Grammar rules to follow: make sure the word you're using is the word you want to use and that you also use proper punctuation.

Internet rules to follow: never lie on the internet where people who know the truth can find you.

No comments:

Post a Comment